The Rotoworld Season Pass has everything you need to run your team from opening day to the final game, including tools, reports, frequently updated rankings and projections.
    Buy Now!
    Latest Player News

    Bruce Levine of 670 The Score reports that the Cubs continue to have interest in free agent Scooter Gennett.

    Gennett had a nightmare 2019 season, first missing time with a severe right grin strain before struggling with a .226/.245/.323 batting line over 139 plate appearances between the Reds and Giants. Still, he was a very productive hitter between 2017-2018 and makes sense for a team who has been reluctant to make any major investments this winter.
    Jan 27 - 1:36 PM

    Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that the Padres are willing to send two young major leaguers and at least one prospect along with Wil Myers to the Red Sox in a potential trade for Mookie Betts.

    More specifically, Acee hears that the Padres are willing to trade one outfielder -- Manuel Margot or Josh Naylor -- and one starting pitcher -- Cal Quantrill or Joey Lucchesi -- as part of the deal. Talks aren't just about the players involved, as Acee notes that the Padres want the Red Sox to cover more of the $61 million remaining on Myers' contract. As of now, the Red Sox are said to be offering to cover about half of it. Of course, the Padres would cover Betts' $27 million salary for 2020. There's work to be done here, but that talks have even gotten this far is significant. Alex Speier of the Boston Globe reported on Sunday that the NL West rival Dodgers also "remained engaged" on Betts.
    Jan 27 - 12:33 PM

    Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that the Reds are considering trading Nick Senzel.

    It's notable as the Reds add another outfielder to the fold with their reported signing of Nicholas Castellanos. Senzel is coming off surgery for a torn labrum and was actually a below-average hitter as a rookie last year, but he still would be a major trade chip. It's unclear if the Reds have talked about a specific deal, but the Indians' Francisco Lindor stands out as an obvious fit. Stay tuned.
    Jan 27 - 9:48 AM

    According to C. Trent Rosecrans of The Athletic, the Reds have reached a multi-year agreement with Nicholas Castellanos.

    The deal is pending a physical. Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that it's a four-year deal worth $64 million, which matches the Mike Moustakas deal from earlier this offseason. Mark Feinsand of MLB.com reports that the contract includes opt-outs after both 2020 and 2021. It's certainly a great fit for for fantasy purposes, but it's going to be very interesting to see how the playing time shakes out in the Reds' outfield. The club already has Nick Senzel, Jesse Winker, Shogo Akiyama, and Aristides Aquino on the depth chart. Castellanos, 27, batted .289./.357/.525 with 27 homers over 151 games between the Tigers and Cubs last season.
    Jan 27 - 9:23 AM

    Tyrone Taylor told reporters Sunday that he underwent surgery to repair a wrist injury after the 2019 season.

    More importantly, Taylor said he'll be ready for the start of spring training in a few weeks, so it doesn't sound like something major. It didn't keep him from making his major league debut last year, appearing in 15 games for the Brewers after being a September call-up. Taylor hit .269/.334/.461 in 92 games at Triple-A in 2019 and although he's not expected to break camp with the club, the 26-year-old will likely be back in the majors at some point in 2020.
    Jan 26 - 11:05 PM
    More Player News